Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And that's why you should keep reading what I write.

Feels like I haven't published in the Obama era.  I won't offer a reason, I'll only say that if there was a reason, I wouldn't offer it.This Blahg's been more useless than toilet paper to a scuba diver.  But no more.  Here I make a promise to myself that this space will become more useful than a sign-language teacher's 3rd hand.

I'm thinking a lot on the NBA playoffs.  I love basketball. Pro basketball.  Sure, college basketball is fun for like 36 hours during the Spring Equinox, but it is fun like a go-kart with a flat tire: you can get the thing moving, but it's too slow and too small.  I'm working up a treatise on my sports philosophy, wherein I'll implicate myself the ultimate sports heretic, acting the apologist for (get ready) the Yankees, the Lakers, AND Duke basketball.  But that's for another day when I feel supremely confident and able to handle insults by the truckload.

For now, I'll say that I'm super stoked on the NBA playoffs this year.  Lakers look unstoppable; 'Bron is giving us one of those rare sports seasons which will appear on ESPN Classic for years to come (he's the MVP, the finals MVP, and he'll bring the O'Brien trophy to Cleveland), and those 'Amazing' commercials with the black and white, the piano music, and the slow motion are completely freakin' wicked.

In other ridiculous news, happy birthday brother Micah. Can't believe you're 17.  What the?
 


And current (far left):

1 comment:

Justin said...

Just so long as you nail this sports treatise to the door of the Chapel on the Hill, a la "Luther's 95 Theses", I might, repeat might, be okay with it.

Locations of visitors to this page